Anyone who loves tech will know that CES 2017 is about to begin and while most of the products there won’t be related to our fine sport, there are a few cross over products like this new smart mountain bike from LeEco.
LeEco are a tech company from China who have made quite a splash in the smartphone, smart TV and even sports car markets, but they also have a range of smartphone bikes that now include their new Smart Mountain Bike.
The LeECo Smart Mountain Bike is built around a curvaceous carbon frame with interesting seat stays, super laid back seat post and even bar ends! It’s obvious from the looks of the bike that LeEco are hoping to attract tech savvy XC riders, and have included some ‘smart’ features to tempt customers over from more traditional brands.
For example the bike comes with intergraded lights in the handlebars powered by a 6000mAh battery pack. That same battery also runs the integrated Android device (located in the stem) with LeEco’s own Android based BikeOS.
BikeOS will connect to sensors around the bike to monitor effort, while also offering data for location and even turn by turn directions.
LeEco Smart Mountain Bike, 2017, key features
- Toray T700 carbon fiber frame and handlebar
- SR Suntour XCR Air front fork
- 27.5/650b diameter wheelset
- 11-speed one-by drivetrain
- Single chain ring crankset, quick and smooth rear derailleur
- Wide-range 11-42 tooth cassette
- Hydraulic brakes
- Android™ powered BikeOS system with 4-inch touchscreen
- Quad-core Snapdragon™410 processor
- 6000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Turn-by-turn navigation tailored for bicycle riding from HERE Maps
- Online and offline music playback
- Walkie-talkie communication with other nearby compatible LeEco smart bikes
- On-board GPS/GLONASS, compass, accelerometer, barometer, light level, wheel speed and crank speed sensors
- Compatibility with third-party ANT+ heart rate and power sensors
- On-board lighting (front/sides), horn and security alarm
- Components water resistant to level IP54
- 26.9 pounds